Cosmetic dentistry has come of age with new procedures that make beautiful smiles accessible to everyone. Whether it be an "Extreme Makeover" or just a "Not So Extreme Touch Up" of your smile, Dental technology, balanced with an eye for esthetics, can bring dramatic results: mend a chip here, lighten a discoloration there, close up gaps - these procedures are generally conservative and comfortable.
We'll be happy to explain our cosmetic services to you. We happen to think everyone deserves the best of all possible smiles.
About Dr. Markle
Dr. George K. Markle attended the University of Southern California as an undergraduate, then studied at the University of Pacific Dental School where he received his DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery). He began practicing general and cosmetic dentistry in San Francisco in 1978.
Dr. Markle's professional memberships include:
* Academy of General Dentistry
* American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
* International Association of Orthodontics and Orthopedics
* American Dental Association
* California Dental Associaton/ San Francisco Dental Society
* International Congress of Oral Implantologists
* The American Orthodontic Society
* Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Dentistry
* Metropolitan Life Dental Advisory Council
He has gained a national reputation speaking before professional groups on topics ranging from cosmetic d entistry to "heroic" dental rehabilitation. In the San Francisco Bay Area, Dr. Markle is a visible - and audible - advocate for dental common sense. He is a regular guest on local health-oriented radio "talk" shows.
When he's away from the office, Dr. Markle enjoys the company of family and friends, traveling, hiking, skiing, running and the opportunity to explore all that the local cultures and geography has to offer.
Our office provides a full range of general and cosmetic dental treatment. Some of our services include:
* Restorative Dentistry (white fillings, porcelain crowns and bridges)
* Cosmetic Dentistry (bonding, porcelain veneers, laser bleaching, cosmetic tooth manicuring, Smile MakeOvers
* Orthodontics ( Invisalign and porcelain braces)
* Implants (Single tooth or full mouth implants)
* Sleep Sedation Dentistry ( Nitrous oxide, oral and IV sedation)
* Oral Surgery (Wisdom teeth and extractions)
* Periodontics (Gum treatments, gum lifts, plastic surgery of the gums)
* Preventive Dentistry (Regular checkups, cleanings and oral hygiene measures)
* Endodontics (Root canals and tooth rebuilding)
Preventive dentistry is our goal for every patient. It involves the daily care, good nutrition, and periodic checkups and cleanings that maintain good dental health already achieved.
Restorative dentistry is basic repair of the mouth. We mend broken or leaking fillings, build crowns and bridges, place and maintain implants, fit partial and full dentures, realign your bite. Where necessary, gum disease is treated, or root canal therapy recommended.
The prevailing belief behind restorative dentistry is a simple one: you keep all your teeth for all your life.
To aid our patients in their dental education we have implemented a patient education link to our search engine on dental topics. Here you will find the ability to search by topic or keyword. You may view photos and learn about your procedure or any other topic in dentistry. This information may be printed at home or work or emailed to family or friends for their use as well. You may access our search engine by clicking on the link below. Please note that by clicking on the link, you will be leaving the Dr Markle website and the dental education site will open in a new browser window.
With Dental Health Guides, you can learn more about how we diagnose and treat your dental conditions. Compare procedures, discover treatment alternatives, and read up on recommendations for homecare after treatment.