WE'VE MOVED NEARBY AND HAVE BEEN RENAMED, EYE LOVE OPTOMETRY (SAME DOCTOR AND STAFF)!
We are a comprehensive primary eye care facility that has served the community since 1997. Our mission is to exceed our patients’ expectations by providing the highest quality eye and vision care by utilizing the most advanced technology and ophthalmic materials available, which is always reinforced by sound patient education. Patient welfare and satisfaction are our top priorities.
OUR ENDURING CORE VALUES ARE:
(1) Unparalleled patient education, so that the patient feels well-informed at all times.
(2) Continuously maintaining our patients’ eye and visual health by staying in the forefront of applied state-of-the-art technologies and procedures.
(3) Providing our patients with a large selection of distinctive and eclectic eyewear, which our patients can wear with pride.
(4) Stellar customer service, where each and every patient is treated with respect, as if they were a member of our own family.
(5) Continuous improvement, in order to excel and be the BEST in what we do. Anything otherwise would be unacceptable.
(6) Excellence in reputation.
TO PROVIDE THE HIGHEST QUALITY CARE:
(1) We employ caring, personable, and meticulous optometrists, as well as conscientious and detail-oriented optometric assistants.
(2) We network with other specialists with whom we consult and to whom we refer patients who need specialized treatments or surgeries.
(3) We continually train our employees in technical matters and patient advocacy.
(4) We continually monitor the quality of our optometric care and patient satisfaction.
ABOUT OUR DOCTOR
INTRODUCTION. Dr. Hsieh is Board Certified to treat various eye conditions and diseases, including infections, inflammation, allergies, and glaucoma. He was previously a resident doctor for LaserVue Medical Associates, responsible for the meticulous eye exams required to obtain optimal results from LASIK eye surgery.
SERVICES PROVIDED. Dr. Hsieh practices full-scope, comprehensive optometry to all populations, including but not limited to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of ocular conditions and diseases, emergency eye care, correction of refractive errors with spectacles and contact lenses, as well as co-management of refractive laser eye and cataract surgeries when appropriate.
ACADEMICS & HONORS. Dr. Hsieh was hand-selected to partake in the Academic Talent Development Program at the University of California, Berkeley, which he completed, with Honors, at the top of his class. He then graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles, earning his Bachelor of Science Degree in Physiological Science. While the UCLA Department of Physiological Science was ranked 4th in the nation by the National Research Council in 1996, Dr. Hsieh was on both the Dean’s Honors List and Provost’s Honors List, and also inducted into the National Society of Collegiate Scholars as a Lifetime Member.
CLINICAL TRAINING IN OPTOMETRY. Dr. Hsieh earned his Doctorate of Optometry Degree from the State University of New York College of Optometry, with clinical internships completed at the New York Harbor Health Care System Veteran Affairs Hospital at St. Albans, David Grant Medical Center, and University Eye Center of New York.
VOLUNTEERING. Dr. Hsieh served as tutor and big brother to inner-city kids, participating in the Asian-American Tutorial Project, and was also recognized for his volunteer work at the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center.
RESEARCH. During his training with Dr. Murray Fingeret, a respected authority in the optometric community, especially with regard to the management and treatment of glaucoma, Dr. Hsieh was involved in multiple research projects pertaining to various modalities of advanced computerized detection and monitoring systems for glaucoma. One such project involved corroboration with the prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, the results of which are applied worldwide today.
PERSONAL. Dr. Hsieh cherishes his quality time with family and friends. He enjoys playing tennis, and during the winter, he takes trips to Lake Tahoe to go snow skiing. Playing the piano is also a pastime of his. In the future, he would like to travel the world to be immersed in diverse cultures and foods.